And So it Begins

So what is this all about?

Pretty much I want to have a nice roomy shed to store all my stuff use my tools in all weathers and somewhere to generally muck about in, so yeah a bit of a man cave.

The trouble is that this stuff doesn't usually come cheap especially for the kind of spec I'm looking for .   So I'm going to be trying to do this using recycled, cheap or free materials and doing most of the work myself in between the day job and doing other stuff in the house.

Why not just buy a shed?

Why not just buy everything? is probably the best answer. I could but my budget won't stretch to do this in the short term and what's the fun in just buying everything anyway?  This not the route for everyone and I know it.  I should point out at the this point that I'm not a qualified tradesman in anyway but I'm a reasonable DIY'er and I've built other stuff in the past and I enjoy doing it.so as long as I'm being mostly safe and enjoying I'm 

Why do you need to tell everyone?

I don't need to tell everyone! Some friends, family and work colleagues have asked me to share some pics and rather than do it piecemeal at work meetings and other get-togethers this is just easier.  It lets me get on with the build.

You want Sponsorship(s) don't you?

I'm not going to lie, if some company/ companies come along and offer me a cheaper and / or easier way of doing something I'm not averse to taking it! As long as it fits the ethos of the project and I can live with it.  

That being said I'll be honest about how good or otherwise their tool / materials / methods are.  I'll  also say if I'm getting any kind of ad revenue or payment so those of your who are interested can make up your own minds if you want to use whatever it is I'm using.

Looking forward to my 2020 Project hopefully by this time next year I'll be all sorted out and moved in!

Cheerio for Now.
Rob


Comments

Popular Posts