View before it all begins part 2

Today is a fairly miserable wet January day in west Edinburgh so I thought I'd continue with the planning of the shed and take some pictures of what the garden looks like before I begin.





The plan is to take down the boundary fence (which is looking a bit ropy anyway) and take the shed right out the outside edge of the property.

So what we currently have is this:

What I would like to have at the end of the project is something closer to this:

There's still going to be storage for garden stuff in the shed somewhere but hopefully I'll figure a way to make it a bit more compact and clever than it is just now.

I'm planning the shed to take advantage of the permitted development rules which allow limited development of ancillary buildings (sheds) for the use of the house. The Scottish Government rules are available here and checking our local authority website but if you're building your own project check with your local authority / council for any building permission / permits you might need before making any changes to your property (you have been warned).

I've spent most of today doing a little bit of refining on the plans for the shed so after much maths (go trig and pythagoras!).


I've worked out that I want to have an outside wall height of no more than 2.4 metres this gives me an incline of 5.7 degrees while staying inside the 2.5 meter rules.  This should be more than enough shed the water we get here and any fleeting snow showers that might drift by.

Still some stuff to work out but making plans is always kind of exciting!

Until the next time,
Rob



Comments

Popular Posts